“Waiting on” Wednesday | Top Ten by Katie Cotugno

waiting-on-wednesday-inside

Breaking the Spine created this feature – “Waiting on” Wednesday, where bloggers could gush about their most coveted upcoming releases. Here’s mine:

wow-book-blurb

Ryan McCullough and Gabby Hart are the unlikeliest of friends. Introverted, anxious Gabby would rather do literally anything than go to a party. Ryan is a star hockey player who can get any girl he wants—and does, frequently. But against all odds, they became not only friends, but each other’s favorite person. Now, as they face high school graduation, they can’t help but take a moment to reminisce and, in their signature tradition, make a top ten list—counting down the top ten moments of their friendship:

10. Where to begin? Maybe the night we met.
9. Then there was our awkward phase.
8. When you were in love with me but never told me…
7. Those five months we stopped talking were the hardest of my life.
6. Through terrible fights…
5. And emotional makeups.
4. You were there for me when I got my heart broken.
3. …but at times, you were also the one breaking it.
2. Above all, you helped me make sense of the world.
1. Now, as we head off to college—how am I possibly going to live without you?

Publication date: October 3rd, 2017

wow-why

You can see the cover and read the blurb above. I feel like that’s explanation enough for why I’m anticipating this book. I’ve not yet read Katie Cotugno, but I’ve recently started watching some book reviews on youTube, and one of the women I watch (Super Space Chick) raves about this author. I’m excited to give her books a try. I’m sure I won’t be holding out until October – luckily she has a decent sized back list. But I’ll be anxiously awaiting this one!

wow-readers-choice

29 Comments Add yours

1. I think so, too. I cannot wait to read it! 🙂

1. Lauren Becker says:

I haven’t read anything by this author either, but this one sounds pretty good. I kind of hope the friends DO NOT end up together though.

-Lauren

1. My romance loving heart will be shipping them all the way to the end! LOL

2. I haven’t read this author but this looks like it is a good one. Great choice!

1. Thanks, Melissa! I can’t wait to read it. 🙂

3. Birdie says:

I’ve never heard of this one, but it really sounds good! I’m adding it to my To Read. 🙂

1. I hope you enjoy it when you get to it! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. carolesrandomlife says:

I haven’t seen this one before but I do like the sound of it. The cover is pretty awesome as well. I hope you love it once you get the chance to read it.

1. Oh, me, too. And I do love this cover! I’m so excited to read it.

5. I have not heard of this book before. It sounds good and I hope that you enjoy it!

1. Thank you, Cindy. I’m hoping so, too!

6. I am so excited for this one. I love the author, cover, and blurb! Great pick!

1. Oh, I’m glad to see you like the author. I have never read her books before, but I have one on my list to read soon. Fireworks, I think!

7. I haven’t read this author yet either, but it sounds like a cute read. Thanks for sharing your pick. I’m most excited about the new Julia Quinn novel “The Girl with the Make Believe Husband”.

1. I do love old school JQ, but her last new book didn’t grab me. It made me so sad, because she has always been a go to for me. I may give that one a go. I hope you enjoy it! 🙂

8. Sophia Rose says:

Yes, its a different take on a high school friends romance. I can see why you picked it.

1. It looks like a lot of fun! 🙂

9. This is a new to me author too, but I agree it sounds good. I like the cover.

1. Yes, this cover is adorable!

10. The cover is SO unique. I thought it wasn’t a cover first actually. It looks like a photo collage or something.
    Anyway, I’m gonna check this out. I love the blurb. Sounds SO good. 😁

1. Oh, I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it, Geybie. I can’t wait for it! 🙂

11. Melliane says:

Oh I didn’t know about this one. thanks for sharing!

1. No problem! Always happy to introduce a reader to an unknown book. 😉

12. Vanessa says:

Haven’t heard of this author before but sounds really good

1. Fingers crossed it will be!

13. Jasmine says:

I want to read this book too! Sounds like a cute read 🙂 I hope you will enjoy it when you get to read it 🙂

1. Thank you, Jasmine. I can’t wait to get to it! 🙂