Breaking the Spine created this feature – “Waiting on” Wednesday, where bloggers could gush about their most coveted upcoming releases. Here’s mine:
Ryan McCullough and Gabby Hart are the unlikeliest of friends. Introverted, anxious Gabby would rather do literally anything than go to a party. Ryan is a star hockey player who can get any girl he wants—and does, frequently. But against all odds, they became not only friends, but each other’s favorite person. Now, as they face high school graduation, they can’t help but take a moment to reminisce and, in their signature tradition, make a top ten list—counting down the top ten moments of their friendship:
10. Where to begin? Maybe the night we met.
9. Then there was our awkward phase.
8. When you were in love with me but never told me…
7. Those five months we stopped talking were the hardest of my life.
6. Through terrible fights…
5. And emotional makeups.
4. You were there for me when I got my heart broken.
3. …but at times, you were also the one breaking it.
2. Above all, you helped me make sense of the world.
1. Now, as we head off to college—how am I possibly going to live without you?
Publication date: October 3rd, 2017
You can see the cover and read the blurb above. I feel like that’s explanation enough for why I’m anticipating this book. I’ve not yet read Katie Cotugno, but I’ve recently started watching some book reviews on youTube, and one of the women I watch (Super Space Chick) raves about this author. I’m excited to give her books a try. I’m sure I won’t be holding out until October – luckily she has a decent sized back list. But I’ll be anxiously awaiting this one!