Top Ten Tuesday | Series I’ve Been Meaning to Start but Haven’t

Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish, and this week I’ll be sharing the series that I’ve been meaning to start but haven’t had a chance to yet. Some of these series have only recently gotten onto my list, but with my recent obsession with bookTube, it can’t be helped!

10 Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

This one is absolutely a result of my bookTube watching. I have heard such good things about this trilogy, including a villain you can’t help but [almost] root for. I already have this one scheduled for review!

9 True North by Sarina Bowen

I want to read this, but I get more anxious about it as time passes. This author used to be a constant hit for me, but I’ve read a few misses from her lately. I feel like maybe I need a break before I dive into something else of hers.

8 Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

This one is partially because I am a cover whore. But let’s be honest – ‘treacherous betrayals, shocking murders, secret alliances, and even unforeseen love’ (taken straight from the blurb,) is right up my alley.

In Focus by Megan Erickson

This one has been on my to be read list for a long time. I’d never read Megan Erickson before, but now that I’ve read most of the Cyberlove series and have gotten a taste of her writing, I am gluttonous for it. This one has definitely been bumped up.

Roads by Garrett Leigh

I’ve loved everything from this author, and there’s no doubt in my mind this series is going to no exception. It seems like it’s going to be high on the angst, and that is something I crave in my books!

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

I’ve seen so many thoughts on this series. It seems that people either love it or hate it, and I must find out what all the fuss is about. Consensus, though, is that book two is amazing! I’m excited to read this one.

The Innkeeper Chronicles by Ilona Andrews

Granted I’ve only read two series from Ilona Andrews, but it’s enough to have turned me into a fangirl for them. I’ll knock out their entire back list eventually, but after I read the last Hidden Legacy book, this is where I’ll continue with them.

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

I really love the concept of this story with three sisters fighting to the death for the crown. I also love that each sister wields a different type of magic. This series sounds pretty intense!

Portland Heat by Annabeth Albert

So, an M/M series that revolves around coffees and pastries? Is there really anything that could go wrong with that? I don’t think so.

The Witchlands by Susan Dennard

Ok, so I read that this book features super strong female friendships and multiple couples to ship. Two of my favorite things! I need to dive into this one ASAP!

If there are some series you think I might like (especially YA Fantasy, which I’ve not read a lot of,) I’d love to hear about them!

43 Comments Add yours

1. Sophia Rose says:

I enjoyed Trust the Focus and Innkeeper Chronicles. I’m working on Ilona Andrews’ The Edge series after I saw some of the grown up side characters were kids in the Edge series. I’ve got Shadow and Bone and the Sarah J Maas books on my someday list, too.

1. I will be reading Shadow and Bone right off. But I’m not sure when I’ll be able to fit in Trust the Focus and Innkeeper Chronicles. Hopefully soon!

Oooh…I hope you’re enjoying the Edge series! I’ll get to that one. Someday. LOL

2. Trust the Focus ❤ I also want to read some Megan Erickson based on what I've seen in the co-written Cyberlove! I need to read that book (have it downloaded to read…sometime…)

1. Yes, it was the Cyberlove series that really shot her to the top of my to be read list! 🙂

3. Angela says:

Oh man, I’ve been seeing Shadow of Bone everywhere today – is this another one I need to add to my TBR?? Three Dark Crowns was good – not amazing, but good – but it set itself up so awesomely for the sequel!

1. Yes, you definitely need to read Shadow and Bone! Hopefully we’ll both love it and can gush about it. LOL

I have Three Dark Crowns on hold at my library, so I’ll be excited to start it soon! 🙂

4. carolesrandomlife says:

The Innkeeper Chronicles is a great series. I also enjoyed Portland Heat series. I need to read Sarah J Maas, Truthwitch, and Shadow and Bone myself.

1. There are just too many series and not enough time!

5. blodeuedd says:

I read CLean sweep and then forgot to read more when it was that serial

1. Hopefully you’ll get a chance to pick it up again soon!

6. The Innkeepers Chronicles are sooo good!

1. You’re killing me here! LOL

7. The True North series is AMAZING! I hope you get to read it soon.

1. Thank you! I am hoping to love it. At first I LOVED everything this author put out, but now she is so hit or miss for me that it makes me nervous!

Liked by 1 person

8. Greg says:

I’m debating the Shadow and Bone books since I have Six of crows to read but people say it’s good to read the Grisha beforehand? And falling Kingdoms has always kinda looked good to me too.

Three dark crowns was pretty awesome.

Grave Mercy was a good YA fantasy if you’ve never read that one, although I haven’t read any of the sequels.

1. Thank you! I have heard good things about Grave Mercy, so I will be sure to check that out, too.

Yes, I have heard they’re loosely connected, so while it probably isn’t necessary, I am fanatical about reading in order. They take place in the same world.

I have Three Dark Crowns on hold at my library. It should come in soon! I’m excited to read that one. I love the premise.

9. I started but need to finish the True North series. Hope you get to these!

1. Thanks, Grace. I’m sure I will…eventually. LOL

10. Great post! A bunch of these are on my TBR. ACOTAR was so good – especially book #2! I hope you enjoy it. Here is my T10T!

1. Yes, I have heard AMAZING things about book #2! I can’t wait to get to that one.

Liked by 1 person

11. Birdie says:

There are four of these that I’ve been wanting to start too. All Fantasy. We’ll have to keep that in mind. 😉

1. We’ll pencil them in!

12. All of these are new to me. I would definitley love to read the Innkeeper Chronicles.

1. Yeah, you can never go wrong with Ilona Andrews!

13. Bittersweet is one of my favorite novels and my only Sarina Bowen read so far. I had it sitting on my shelf for a year and when I finished it I couldn’t believe it took me so long to read it. Give it a try 🙂

1. I will be sure to read it! I am just nervous because she has been so hit or miss for me lately! I hope you get to read more from her soon. She has some really good books!

14. Awesome list, Angie. Sarah J. Maas series is one of the series I’m so curious about. I’ll give book one a try someday. Maybe we can buddy read it, Angie. 😁

1. Sure! It will be a while before I get to it, but I’ll be sure to let you know when I do to see if we can coordinate!

Liked by 1 person

15. Melliane says:

I only tried 2 in these but I have some to start as well as the Maas series

1. Yes, I am so excited to try that one!

16. bookwormbrandee says:

Great list, Angie Elle! #s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 10 would have made mine! 😉 *sigh* I even own the first book in most of these…

1. The curse of a blogger. So many books, so little time!

17. Jasmine says:

Love your list of books because you have many titles I want to read as well 🙂 I hope you will enjoy them when you read it 🙂

1. Thanks, Jasmine! I’m going to work hard to fit them all in!

Liked by 1 person

18. I have read Three Dark Crowns and loved it. Can’t wait to get hold of the second book. Great list – happy reading. My TTT

1. Oh, glad to hear that, Sue! I can’t wait to read it!

Liked by 1 person

19. The only one of these I’ve read is ACOTAR, the second book is definitely better than the first, I haven’t read the third yet though. I still need to read Three Dark Crowns, Truthwitch and Shadow and Bone. I’ve seen Falling Kingdoms around a lot today, makes me think I should check it out.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/top-ten-tuesday-112/

1. I have heard so many people say that about ACoMaF! It’s really what has made me want to read the series.

Yes, I’ve heard a lot of good things about Falling Kingdoms, so I’m excited for that one. I hope it sparks your interest.

Liked by 1 person

1. Well I hope you enjoy it! Thanks, I hope so too and I hope you enjoy it as well 🙂

20. anna@herding cats & burning soup says:

Ugh! I need to start the Andrews series, too! I can’t believe I’ve not read them yet. Bowen’s cover is amazing!

1. Yeah, I do love that Bowen cover.

Ilona Andrews are must reads for me now!

21. oh you listed some series I want to start as well. I definitely want to pick up Trust in Focus, since I hear she does a great job with the M/M romance here, and I am always looking for more of those to pick up since I have only read a few. I do want to pick up Sarina Bowen though, since she has been on my wishlist like…forever hehe

1. Yes, I am excited to pick up the Megan Erickson series!

I am so nervous about the Sarina Bowen. I love her older stuff, but her newer stuff has been hit or miss for me. I need to bite the bullet and just dive in, though. I’ll probably love it!