“Waiting on” Wednesday | Barking Up the Wrong Tree by Jenn McKinlay

waiting-on-wednesday-inside

Breaking the Spine created this feature – “Waiting on” Wednesday, where bloggers could gush about their most coveted upcoming releases. Here’s mine:

wow-book-blurb

LOVE IS A FOUR-LEGGED WORD.

Carly DeCusati returned home to Bluff Point, Maine, with her tail between her legs. But she’s determined to get her life back on track—and that means finding new homes for the elderly golden retriever and overly talkative parrot she inherited before her old life fell apart.

Enter physical therapist and hot one-night stand James Sinclair. James doesn’t care that Carly doesn’t do relationships. He is determined to win her heart, promising to help her with the pets if she’ll just give him the time of day.

Carly agrees to date the irresistible James, and, for the first time in years, she’s dreaming of a happily ever after. But James has secrets, and if he can’t open up to Carly, their future could go to the dogs…

Publication date: September 26th, 2017

wow-why

The first book in this series was adorable, and I loved the entire cast of characters! They were so much fun to spend a few hours with, and I want more time with them. I also am hoping for a Gavin and Mac check in, which I am sure we’ll get. While this is a romance series, it’s also about friends who love being together and know how to have a good time!

wow-readers-choice

31 Comments Add yours

1. This sounds like a fun read! Going to add it to my TBR immediately, ha. Thank you for sharing. 🙂

1. I think it will be since the first one was. I hope you enjoy it! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. anna@herding cats & burning soup says:

Yes!!! I’m so looking forward to it, too!

1. They are such a fun crew!

3. AngelErin says:

Love that cover and it sounds like a fun read. I hope you will love it when you get to read it. 😀

1. Thank you. I want to move to Bluff Point – or at least be able to visit!

4. Birdie says:

Super cute blurb. I’m curious about that overly talkative parrot.

1. Of course you are. I can’t believe I didn’t think of you when I read the blurb! LOL

5. krazaykris says:

The first book was such a cute read! I’m crossing my fingers for this one, too.

1. I’ll cross mine, too, that we both love it!

6. Heidi says:

Ahh… this looks sweet and fun. I will watch for it.

1. I hope you get a chance to read it!

1. Don’t you just want to crawl into that cover and live there?

7. Sophia Rose says:

The first one was definitely cute. I didn’t realize the second one was coming out so soon. Good to know!

1. Yes, they’re releasing fairly quickly. That makes me a happy reader!

8. I have yet to read these but I really need to do it. I mean the dog angle alone should draw me in. 🙂 Hope you get it!

1. Yes, these covers are adorable! Thank you. 🙂

9. carolesrandomlife says:

I really need to have this book in my life. I cannot wait to read it!

1. Yes, it looks like it’s going to be another cute one!

10. Melliane says:

It looks cute

11. Yep, this is on my list to read!

1. I hope you enjoy it, too!

12. ratmom says:

That one does sound good.

1. I’m hopeful since the first one was so good!

13. I still need to read the first one! Another book to add to the list… 🙂

1. Ah, yes. The ever-growing to be read list. LOL

14. oh this book sounds simply wonderful, and I love the setting and I definitely will be adding this author to my lists.

1. I hope you enjoy her books! The first one was so cute. I can’t wait to read this one. 🙂